Home » Maui » Carthaginian
The Carthaginian was a sailing ship which was built in 1920 in Germany as a two-master some 30 metres long. It was later converted to diesel power and used to transport cement until decommissioned in 1970.
It was then obtained by the Lahaina Restoration Foundation, brought to Maui and restored to the configuration of a whaling supply ship of the 1800s. It was then moored at this spot in Lahaina and opened for tours as a floating whaling museum.
Time took its toll and it became too expensive to maintain so it was sold to Atlantis Submarines and in 2005 was sunk in about 100 feet of water offshore where it rests today serving as a dive destination.
|Add print of this image to shopping cart.|
| 8" x 10"
$50.00 + S&H
|11" x 17"
$100.00 + S&H
|16" x 20"
$200.00 + S&H